This is the very special DELUXE VERSION of Poetry Slam. We aren't sure about the future of this version and when and in what form it might be sold again. What is so special about this version vs. the standard version?
- Foil Cards! Yes the 26 letter cards are foil in this version only. The standard version has standard cards.
- Custom Pencils! The pencils in the deluxe version have "Poetry Slam" printed on the pencil, not so with the standard version.
- 5 Blue Player Screens! This version will have an additional Blue Player Screen X 5 included. The standard version has only purple player screens, this version has both purple and blue (five of each).
We are charging the same price as the original game and you can't get this anywhere but driectly from Mayday Games, so preorder here to guarantee your copy. Supplies are VERY VERY LIMITED and the game will sell out. In fact, you can't even get the original game at all anywhere right now!
Groovy, Daddio! Everyone can be a far-out poet even if they don't know it, ya dig?
Poetry Slam is the party game all about writing short poems so that you can score big. Come up with some cosmic lines, and you'll find everyone snapping their fingers to the rhymes. Not only that — you gotta be fast coming up with rhymes since everyone is playing at the same time. If someone else finishes before you, they may end up getting a higher score, too. So come on, grab a pen, and start slammin'!
Download the Rules here
Skip the rulebook, learn how to play from Poetry Slam designer Adam Wyse!
Poetry Slam is a 3-10 Player party game that plays in 25-45 minutes. The simple game play combined with clever scoring make this a brilliant casual game for gamers and non-gamers alike.
Step One: Reveal a Letter Card and a Word Prompt, then all players simultaneously write a word behind their screen that fits the rule (sorta like Scattergories but with only one word):
- Step 2: When you have completed your word grab a Speed Tile, first come first served!
- Step 3: Using the word you created from Step 1, form a simple poem to clue in your fellow players as to your word.
Hint: The poem should be sort of like clues from Dixit, not so easy that someone can guess it before you even finish with your poem, in that case you only get two points. It also shouldn't be so hard that no one can guess it, then you get no points. You want it to be difficult but not too difficult, so at least one person guesses correctly after you finish the poem for 3 points!
Two final details: Snap Tokens. You must give three +1 point Snap Tokens to other players during the game, but no more than one per round. You also accumulate Slam Tokens when you break rules or use forbidden letters.
Download the rules on BGG here!
Card Sleeves FAQ
Which Sleeves Fit My Cards?
We make it easy to find out!
Premium VS Standard Protection
- Thickness: 90 microns.
- Protection level: Indestructible!
- Great for the serious collector or gaming enthusiast with serious protection in mind.
- Thickness: 40 microns.
- Protection level: Can't touch this!
- Perfect for the casual budget-minded gamer, or even for the serious gamer who prefers a slightly thinner sleeve.
Bargain "Almost a Penny" Protection
- Thickness: 30 micron
- Protection level: Solid
- Good for the casual gamer on a tight budget for games that don't see as much play.
Please contact our support team if you have any questions about any of our games.
We now have an app for that! Yes just click HERE to bookmark our sleeve finder database on your phone. This works for iOS & Android. More enhancements to the app are coming every day and we are working to keep this database of more than 4,000 games current and welcome your comments on the google sheet below if you want to add a game or find an error.
When you first open the app it provides instructions on how to save the app right to your phone's apps, just hit that "share" button and then select "Save To Homescreen". You may need to scroll right on your IOS device on the black and white options shown to find the "Save To Homescreen" button.
Not wanting the app just now? No problem, use CTRL+F (PC) or CMD+F (on a Mac) to search for your game below if you prefer that to using the app.
Prefer to see the whole spreadsheet in a new browser window? You've got it. Just click here!
Notice: In order to leave comments on the spreadsheet, you must open this page, and then right+click and "Insert Comment". We appreciate you suggesting changes to our sleeve spreadsheet. In fact, we will love you for it.
If you are in Utah and want to pick up your order from us, go ahead and check out on your order and email email@example.com to let us know you would like to pick up your order. We can arrange for that and refund your shipping when you pick up at our warehouse at 380 West 700 South Ste #3 Springville UT 84663. We are generally there M-F from about 10 to 4.
If you aren't aware, Mayday Games shares a warehouse with both SwanPanasiaSleeves.com and SleeveKings.com. If you want to order some Mayday products along with products from either of those websites we can easily combine the orders and refund you any shipping across any of these three sites. Please just put in your orders from the same email account and be sure they are both shipping to the same address, then email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject of "Combined Shipping". Tell us the two order numbers and Curt will combine the two orders in our shipping software and refund you back the difference. Note that sometimes our warehouse is TOO efficient and ships out before we can get the word to combine orders, but if that happens Curt will still refund your shipping.
Shipping and Returns Policy
Please check our shipping and return policy HERE.
Yes, we have a MAP POLICY and you can read it HERE. In a nutshell, we do not allow stores/distributors to sell any of our products online, especially not on Amazon's marketplace.
Store & Distribution:
If you are a store looking to carry our products please refer to our distributor list HERE and see if there is one near you that can supply our products. You can also reach us directly by emailing your request to email@example.com. You can also check our Store Locator list for customers HERE.
Typically orders are shipped the same day if placed before 12PM MST, M-F. However, at high volume times, it may take us up to 5 days to get your order shipped.
- Your order ships directly from our Springville Utah warehouse.
- Orders are typically delivered between 2-7 days.
- Most items can ship via UPS or the Post Office, you will see the options at checkout with estimated ship times. Note that these times are ESTIMATES and that we have no control over how long the Post Office actually takes to deliver a Priority package to you, for example.
- International orders ship either from our Springville Utah warehouse or via our warehouse in China.
- When you check out you can select the shipping method which will also include an estimated shipping time with the rate.
- Our goal is to make you 100% happy. If something is wrong with your order, we are going to fix it. If we shipped the wrong thing, we'll happily accept a return.
- We reserve the right to simply refund you in full for small items under $5 in some cases as the replacement shipping isn't worth the cost of the item in some cases.