What is a MAPP?
“MAPP” stands for Minimum Advertised Price Policy. There are many publishers in the gaming industry that have MAPPs, and it is important to stay current with the different policies out there, as they change fairly often. Each publisher has its own specific set of MAPP rules, but in general, a MAPP restricts retailers from advertising the publisher’s products below prices set by the publisher. This advertisement restriction is generally focused toward online advertising, but it may also apply to physical flyers and ads. Importantly, a vendor that uses a MAPP may not fix the retail price; at best, it may only suggest to the retailer the retail price—hence the acronym MSRP.
1. Dealers SHALL NOT promote, market, advertise, offer to sell, or sell any Mayday Games products through Amazon.com, Etsy.com or the website Boardgamegeek.com in the USA marketplace. For Amazon and other third-party marketplace orders, Mayday Games is the only official seller authorized as the manufacturer of our products. We have completed the Brand Registry on Amazon.com for our brand and strictly enforce this policy.
2. IMPORTANT NOTE: Mayday Games authorizes sales of its products except on Online Marketplaces and Restricted Websites as noted above. Mayday Games actively participates in the Amazon.com Brand Registry Program and similar programs to prevent the advertising and sale of unauthorized, unlicensed, infringing, and/or counterfeit merchandise. Any unauthorized sales of Mayday Games products on Amazon, Etsy, BoardGameGeek.com or other sites we may decide upon in the future will be removed as they are discovered. Ads from online sellers offering any auctions or advertising sales will also be regularly removed or taken down.
3. Products purchased on Amazon from any other source other than Mayday Games will not come with the same warranties, money-back guarantees, and customer services as intended by us, Mayday Games, the manufacturer.
4. Under warranty or return/refund policy (if applicable): “This warranty does not apply to products purchased through unauthorized resellers, including unauthorized sellers on Amazon.com, Etsy.com or BoardGameGeek.com. On Amazon.com, Etsy.com and BoardGameGeek.com, this warranty only applies to the seller Mayday Games, or its sister company, Imperial Publishing Inc.”
5. Dealers may not sell any Mayday product below 25% off the stated MSRP online.