Our durable Crokinole discs are competition quality and ready to slide. Whether you try our classic discs or opt for the top of the line: Mayday Games Premium Discs. Each piece is carefully crafted from fine wood, contoured for enhanced action, fully finished, and waxed. Sleek and slippery, they come ready to conquer. This discs are not concave or convex, they are flat.
Mayday Crokinole discs come standard play size, available in natural finish and traditional black and white, as well as a variety of striking colors for total team spirit.
- Set of 14 Classic Red Crokinole Discs
Having multiple colors allows you to play more than 2 players without having to be on teams!
Why flat discs? Aren't Convex/Concave discs better?
The Canadian National Crokinole Association (the premier crokinole organization in the world) has never specified convex/concave as being better than flat, and in fact Brian Cook, the three time world Crokinole Champion, had this to say about the flat vs. convex/concave debate: (see threads on BGG about this at:
...I sent off an email to WCC (World Crokinole Championship) and was surprisingly answered by Brian Cook. Yeah, THAT Brian Cook, - 3 time WCC winner and 2nd this year. How cool is that? He is in a rather unique position as he is a player and on the WCC Committee, as well....
...The bottom line is that the WCC Committee has never set a standard for flat vs C/C discs. We just get the best quality we can and no one up til now has requested one or the other. Personally, I've won the WCC adult singles 3 times and it's not something I ever concern myself with, i.e. whether I'm shooting with flat, convex or concave side down. I just make sure the disc is smooth in surface, especially for open 20 shots.
***Since Brian is obviously light-years beyond any of our calibers, and is only interested in unfettered smoothness of his shots (nearly always simply shooting for the 20-hole), he is simply looking for "smooth" and not needing the finesse of a slower disc. So, for him. flat is fine.
So,..................the official discs (and boards) used at the WCC ... are NOT C/C discs. The (possibly) authority organization, and newer, is the National Crokinole Association. Is there currently a "standard" disc for all upper level competitions? NO, there is NOT! Will there be, or is it "in the works"? Who knows, and I'm too tired of it all to find out.
As my wise ol' grandad used to say, "Just play with anything that fits in the hole".
Card Sleeves FAQ
Which Sleeves Fit My Cards?
We make it easy to find out!
Premium VS Standard Protection
- Thickness: 90 microns.
- Protection level: Indestructible!
- Great for the serious collector or gaming enthusiast with serious protection in mind.
- Thickness: 40 microns.
- Protection level: Can't touch this!
- Perfect for the casual budget-minded gamer, or even for the serious gamer who prefers a slightly thinner sleeve.
Please contact our support team if you have any questions about this game.
All orders are shipped the same day if placed before 12PM MST, M-F.
- Orders over $30 ship for Free!
- Your order ships directly from our Layton Utah warehouse.
- Orders are typically delivered between 2-7 days.
- Orders over $50 ship for Free!
- International orders ship either from our Layton Utah warehouse or via one of our worldwide shipping partners.
- Our goal is to make you 100% happy. If something is wrong with your order, we are going to fix it. If you ordered the wrong thing, we'll happily accept a return.